Is the Toy Industry ripe for disruption?
I think there are a few problems in the Toy Industry that I want to try to address:
- Can we make a toy that is not destined for the landfill?
- Can we reduce the use of plastic, and where needed, use biodegradable plastic materials?
- Can it be made or assembled in the USA?
- Can we utilize modern Additive Manufacturing processes at scale?
- Can one sell a premium (high manufacturing cost) toy?
- Can we sell Direct to Consumer and bypass Retail?
- The Retail Toy Business is in serious trouble (ie bankrupt Toys R Us!).
These were important questions and challenges. Most of these I think have been successfully solved. Some are still a work in progress.